Recommendation letters are for reference, and name-dropping purposes, someone on behalf of the referenced person writes the letter to an individual or organization. Request for Recommendation Letter is used in academic as Recommendation Letter for Internship, Recommendation Letter for Scholarship, Letter of Recommendation for Higher Studies, Letter of Recommendation from Professor for Masters Degree and also in Business Deals, Visa Purpose, Government Proposals, etc.
The Recommendation Letter in school or college by an influential person is meant for admission, scholarship or maybe transfer, etc, here the recommendation letter is written for the student highlighting his academic skills and how the recommendation is related and his own achievements to recommend him, alumni, scholar, ex-professor or someone in job holding a positive past experience with the applicant can write a recommendation letter, Likewise in office or job, ex-employer can write a recommendation letter for job transfer for the applicant, or a current employer from a different team can recommend the applicant for a new job position, new project or job transfer.
Recommendation letters widely used are –
- Letter of Recommendation for a Friend
- Recommendation Letter for Student
- Letter of Recommendation for Employee
- Recommendation Letter for Job
- Professional Reference Letter
- Recommendation Letter for Internship
- Request For Recommendation Letter
- Recommendation Letter for Student From Teacher
- Recommendation Letter for Employee from Manager
- Immigration Recommendation Letter Sample
- Doctor Recommendation Letter For Patient
- Coach Recommendation Letter
- Tenure Recommendation Letter
- Recommendation Letter for University
Recommendation Letter consist of the following parts –
Mention the Sender’s details:
- Sender Details – Complete details of the writer/recommender recommending someone in any regard.
Mention the Receiver’s details:
- Receiver Details – Write the complete details of the addressee following the correct recommendation letter format.
Greet the Receiver with a humble wish:
- Greeting – Warm wishes to start the letter on a good note.
Mention the date when you are writing the Recommendation Letter:
- Date – Date of the recommendation letter
Mention a short subject of the Recommendation Letter:
- Subject – Write the purpose of recommendation letter
Start writing the details of the Recommendation Letter by having a look on recommendation letter Format mentioned below:
- Body – Here write the recommender background and relationship with the applicant with reference to back.
Enclose the reference documents along with the Recommendation Letter:
- Enclosure – Attach the documents of achievement and experience.
Close the Recommendation Letter with your Signature, Name and Contact Details:
- Signature – Sign
Tips for Writing a Recommendation Letter –
- Always start with a greeting and thank you note to make a polite start.
- Recommendation letter writers should pen down achievements and background to show credibility.
- Recommendation letter must vividly explain the relationship with the applicant.
- Recommendation letter should be very formal and professional.
- Most important Recommendation Letter should be Positive.
Recommendation Letter Sample | Recommendation Letter Temple | Recommendation Request Format –
This is the sample recommendation application letter when you write to request for the recommendation letter from the reference.
____________ Sender’s Name,
____________ Sender’s Address
____________ Receiver’s Name
____________ Receiver’s Address
Date : ___/___/___
Subject : Request for Recommendation Letter ____
Greetings – Hope you are doing well.
It feels great to write to you________
Looking forward to __________
_____________ Sender’s Name
_____________ Sender’s Signature
Letter Of Recommendation Example
- Request Letter to Manager for Recommendation Letter for MBA – Sample Letter Requesting Recommendation Letter for MBA
- Application for Issuing Letter of Recommendation from Professor – Request for Letter of Recommendation from professor –
- Letter of Recommendation Format – Recommendation Letter format
- Letter of Recommendation for Student from Teacher – Sample Student Recommendation Letter
- Recommendation Letter for Transfer of Employee on Medical Grounds
Here are more than 20 Types of Recommendation Letters. How to Write a Recommendation Letter, How to Write a Recommendation Letter for a Student, How to Start a Letter of Recommendation, How to Write a Letter of Recommendation for an Employee, How to Write a Good Letter of Recommendation