A dispute letter is a document or a request that you may send to the credit bureaus to point out the inaccuracies of the credit records and call for the mistakes to be removed. You should describe in the letter that you think the things are misleading and you have some supporting documentation with it.
Things you should include in a dispute letter:
- Your full name
- Contact information of the credit bureau
- Description of error in brief and with no complicated story
- Important information like date, contact, account number, and email.
- Copy of credit and debit card with the error highlighted
- Proof of your address and a scanned copy of your government-issued ID
- The reason for writing the dispute letter
There are various types of dispute letters like:
- Identity theft
- Debt validation
The dispute letter that you are writing should match each item in your report, mention the facts and explain why the information is wrong, and request that it should be corrected. Inform the authorities about your expenses and defend yourself with proof of the expenditure or any other document.
Different dispute letters work for different things like credit, reports, dispute letters are written so that you can send them to credit bureaus to request an update or removal of inaccurate information. Similarly, other letters are written if there’s theft or if some error is showing up in your account.
Here is a sample dispute letter for your reference:
____________ (Sender’s details)
Date: __/__/____ (Date)
____________ (Receiver’s details)
Subject: Letter for the wrong transaction __________ (transaction details)
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am writing this letter to inform you about the __________ (mention the dispute) dispute that I am facing. While going through my expenditure reports, I observed that there’s a transaction of ________ (Amount) which is incorrectly shown in my account.
As per the statement, this transaction took place on __/__/____ (Date) at __:__ (Time) but I did not use my credit card to make any purchases. I request you to thoroughly check this false activity and help me remove the charges.
I am expecting this investigation to begin soon. In case of any queries, you may contact me at _________ (Contact number) or __________@____.___ (email ID).
It would be very kind of you if you can look into this matter as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing back from you at the earliest.
Thank you in advance.
___________ (Contact Number)
Here are some of the examples of Dispute letters, Dispute letters for credit cards, Dispute Letters to banks, Dispute Letters for credit, and many more:
- Letter to Bank Regarding Unauthorized Transaction on Credit Card – Credit Card Unauthorized Transaction Complaint Letter
- Credit Card Fraud Complaint Letter – Letter Regarding Credit Card Fraud
- Dispute Letter for Credit Card – Letter to Bank for Regarding Wrong Credit Card Transaction
- Credit Report Correction Request Letter – Sample Letter for Correction of Credit Report
Similar Search Terms:
- sample dispute letter
- dispute letter sample
- What is a dispute letter?